LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bemore_it6 (programmer)     31 March 2011

Maternity Compensation denied by employer

Hi , I had joined an IT pvt ltd company in Jan 2009,after completing 3 months I got permanant ,From Oct 2009 I went  on maternity leave.It means I had worked for total 9 months in the company before going on maternity leave.But when I asked my employer about matrenity compensation I am entitled to ,he said that as per company policy only employees who completes  1 year in organization are entitled to get maternity benefits.

Totally I took 8 months on maternity leave  and re-joined the organization in May 2010,workrd again for 6 months and then left the organization.

So I want to know is ,Was I entitled for maternity benefits that time,if yes how should I proceed.

Learning

2 Replies

Kirti Kar Tripathi (lawyer)     31 March 2011

Even otherwise your company's policy you are entitle for compensation under the maternity benifits Act. iDenial of your employer is in contravention of the provision of the said Act for which he is liable to make good and also for prosecution under the law.

1 Like

Bemore_it6 (programmer)     31 March 2011

I took 8 months maternity leave ,so how many months salary they are liable to pay me?

Also I have left company in Nov 2010,its been 4 months for me to leave compnay.Still can  ask them for maternity compensation as I m not on payroll now....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register