LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mihir..... (Wealth Manager)     14 March 2011

Transfer of name in flat

I am living with my father. My elder brother, married, is living separately. My father passed away without leaving any will. But, he has filled the nomination form of the society, stating that I am the nominee of the flat ownership. I have transferred the flat in my name with the help of that nomination form in the society. Now I want to be the owner of the flat. Kindly let me know the procedure. Do I need a succession certificate? My brother is willing to sign NOC. thanks in advance.

Learning

4 Replies

manoj r. dubey (prop.)     14 March 2011

you can apply for legal heirship certificate/sucession certificate. it depends on the m.v. of the flat. if it is in mumbai contact me on 9892115025 i will help u out

1 Like

Mihir..... (Wealth Manager)     16 March 2011

Why do I need a succession certificate when the nomination is clear?

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     19 March 2011

if the Flat has been transferred in the records of the society based on the nomination and your brother has also given a no objection certificate in your favour, nothing further needs to be done. No need for obtaining any succession or legal heir certificate. Based on the Membership/share certificate, get the electricity connection also transferred in your name.

vasudevan

1 Like

Mihir..... (Wealth Manager)     22 March 2011

Ok Thanks to all, I must say that the documentation has become so cumbersome these days.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register