Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandy (IT)     17 March 2011

Divorce Query

Hello Sirs,

First i would like to give my background history .My name is Sandy Dyal I live in Manchester(UK) and have been living here for past 4 yrs on work permit ( tier1 general), my wife joined me here on dependent visa in Dec 2007.

In past when we were in Pune (MH) we discreetly did court marriage in 2003 and disclosed it to our parents in 2006 which they happily accepted and to show their acceptance to people they did marriage ceremony in 2006 and after marige we both moved down to UK, last year My wife delivered a baby boy here in UK but we both started having some issues and disagreements so she decided to visit India and left UK in Aug 10 and since then we haven’t spoken to each other.

In India she was living with my parents since she left UK but there also she started torturing them and one day without telling anyone she rushed to the local Mahila Police station and lodged a false complaint against my parents/sister and brother in law (but nothing against me),. After 2 days they called my parents in Paramarsha Kendra Mahila police station and tried to patch up but my parents said its nothing to do with them its between their son and wife( which is true). so they referred that case to the court.

Now my wife is living with her parents and my parents are very furious and neverous as her father logged a false written complaint over dowry (which we obviously never took ) and also wrote few false things about torture. so far no FIR has been lodged.

My question is, how can i apply for divorce and I if i go back to india they will trap me under 498 A. Is there any way i can file divorce while living in UK?

What else can be done in this case and what sort of precautions we should be taking?

Many thanks in advance

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 March 2011

No FIR means, you were not registered any criminal case. If case is not registered no need to surrender unless police call on u

1 Like

Sandy (IT)     17 March 2011

and what if she doesn't file any case at all and no further steps takes, in that case how could i apply for divorce?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register