LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     13 February 2011

More men victims of domestic abuse

Title: 'More men victims of domestic abuse'  - 40% OF THEM!

By: Denis Campbell letters@hindustantimes.com 

About two in five of all victims of domestic violence are men, contradicting the widespread impression that it is almost always women who are left battered, a new report claims.

Men assaulted by their partners are often ignored by police, see their attacker go free and have far fewer refuges to flee to than women, says a study by the men's rights campaign group Parity.

The charity's analysis of statistics on domestic violence shows the number of men attacked by wives or girlfriends is much higher than thought. Its report, Domestic Violence: The Male Perspective, states: “Domestic violence is often seen as a female victim/male perpetrator problem, but the evidence demonstrates that this is a false picture.“ Data from Home Office statistical bulletins and the British Crime Survey show that men made up about 40% of domestic violence victims each year between 2004-05 and 2008-09, the last year for which figures are available.

Male victims are almost invisible to the authorities such as the police, who rarely can be prevailed upon to take the man's side,“ said John Mays of Parity.

Source: https://epaper.hindustantimes.com/PUBLICATIONS/HT/HD/2010/09/06/index.shtml

Reality:
Play attached movie and get reality checked !

Learning

27 Replies

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     13 February 2011

TAJ SIR MALES KA NAYA DV BHI ACT BANWAOGE KYA?

3 Like

tortured_aathma (none)     13 February 2011

very true observation.

2 Like

Jyoti (Psychology Lecturer)     14 February 2011

I don't think so. It is not true

Vishwa (translator)     14 February 2011

I don't think so. It is not true

Why don't you think so? Why is not true? Have you studied any facts? Do you know everything on earth? Are you God? It is arrogant females like you that exploit men and harass them.

6 Like

Ambika (NA)     14 February 2011

This article is written in the context of UK.and it is not about India. The situation of UK is different than that of India wit regard to position of women there and the personal space they occupy there.

Now if a predictable shower of choicest word comes, it is expected. 

BTW Such a reaction on Jyoti's one liner? 

Same questions can be turned to you Mr. Vishva.

1 Like

You tell me (Personal)     14 February 2011

This is open secret and many organizations are fighting for the same.

As girls are asking for equality in everything why doesn't it apply in law? why can't a man use DVC peition on women? Lets have equality here also.

But man is still controlling women in uneducated families, to save them there must be some clause. I am not sure about this but someone can throw ideas.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     14 February 2011

" This article is written in the context of UK.and it is not about India."

- DV ACT APPLICABLE IN UK ! !

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     14 February 2011

" As girls are asking for equality in everything why doesn't it apply in law? why can't a man use DVC peition on women? Lets have equality here also."

- VERY GOOD AND APPROPRIATE QUESTION.

WHY NOT, - EQUALITY IN LAW ALSO.

1 Like

(Guest)

Kisi ne kaha kya,ki India me men ko protection nahi milna chahiye?

Kya kisi ne LCI me aisa kaha?

Ya aap male members ke kaan apne aap hee bajte rahte hai?

Chandalika Tandav (Tandav expert )     14 February 2011

Bap Re baap, ye bhi to Psychological problem hai.

1 Like

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     14 February 2011

I am amused that suddenly ,so many woman have got registered at LCI that also together;not 1 by 1....It's bit funny,yet i like it...

i donno know if they are new members,or old ones registering with another ID

wotever it is,i am enjoying it...........lolz!!

to all these new female joinees....plz dont mind wot i said....i said this,because i am amused,happy and surprised at this sudden change,it's coincidental also,that all females are joing at the same time,whereas few weeks back,only renuka and i were there...before me was sum1 named aishwarya...as i can make out,renuka is the oldest female member here....now i cant c her also,i had many arguments also wid her....lolz!

this new phenomenon is so unbelieveable!!

Anyways,welcome to LCI....and keep joining:)

1 Like

Chandalika Tandav (Tandav expert )     14 February 2011

Kya Fark Padta Hai Roshni Dear 

Who has what and how many IDs...

What matters is not putting up with the bullying going on here...

And keep on making our voices visible

On some issues we may differ, some other issues we may not...

But essentially the concern is that we are not exploited and no one takes us for a ride.,..

(Guest)

Agree with Chandalika

1 Like

Jamai Of Law (propra)     14 February 2011

May be in UK they should come up with a PM-DVA (Prevention of Men 'Against Domestic Violence' act)

But in India we need to come up with an Act like PMSAPDVCA.............. Prevention of Men 'Against Systemic Abuse Post-Domestic Violence Complaint' Act