Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Moral education or sex education in schools?

What do u feel?

Should we include moral & spiritual education in schools to make them over all good human beings,with a sound character so that they become mentally  balanced citizens in future

OR

Should we include s*x education  to make them aware of AIDS,safe s*x,etc?

If u ask me,I shall go for the first option

India was a highly prosperous nation in its ancient past,when spiritual education was also imparted alongwith other academic subjects....

What is your opinion?

Learning

5 Replies

Raju Ramparag Gupta (Advocate)     09 September 2010

I will also go for the first option:

When I was in 9th Std, I was just of 14 and my class teacher had taught us all about the AIDS.

and we all were literally laughfing. Today i personally feel bad because schools are teaching childrens the second option instead of the first one which is indeed necessary.

Hope people like will oppose such things over and again in future to teach our children the ethics rather than teaching them about AIDS.

Best of Luck   

1 Like

Y SATYA SAI VARA PRASAD (SENIOR MANAGER)     09 September 2010

Unfortunately in these modern days every content on electronic media is one way or the other related to S#x. But i still doubt whether our children really need this edn.

Mugundhan (Lawyer)     09 September 2010

Sex education is not necessary, but health education is necessary, wherin protection methods from deadly diseases may be taught. Moral or value education is necessary becoz, it itself to a large extent prevent diseases like HIV and other STDs.

1 Like

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     09 September 2010

@ author.

Thanks for your quality thread,

I will go by the first option. Indian minds are religious first, and morality and spirituality are the theme of our culture and tradition.

1 Like

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     10 September 2010

yes,my view is also first option.

s*x education is very senstive to childrens when the first option has been learnd succesfully then go to the another option .

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register