LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Police lockup detainment worse than being Jailed

Getting detained in a Police Lockup means only that Police want to keep a person with itself so that that person may be produced in the court.That means it is no business of Police to punish that person.But police lockup rooms are no less than Hell itself.No Proper lighting,fans,coolers etc. No chairs or beds .In winters the blankets given are just smelling like hell.In fact the whole lock room smells like hell.Even detained persons are forced to defecate in the same lockup room and tolerate its aftereffects himself.

Detained person's self respect is deeply hurt.I have not seen anyone till date opposing this situation.

Getting punished without being declared a criminal by court.

What the hell is this ?

Please comment and give your suggestions.

Learning

1 Replies

Daksh (Student)     07 July 2010

Madhu,

Time and again I have come across numerous threads of various sorts initiated by you and am amused by the objectivity of the same.   To answer your query directly the establishment (executive) has to be honestly proactive moving from hardcore guarded approach  of defending the feudal system and processes. (You have not mentioned the various stages of intimidation, armtwisting, bulliying, threat etc. getting employed in police station).

It is obvious Laws are nothing but the prevailing norms of the society as such whatever genuine and well deserved issues you have raised can satisfactorily be addressed if in case the quality of every individual citizen, institution and processes has its minimal bench mark (here I would like to bring to the fore the probable role of counselling if any either it is at police station, at hospital or at court for that reason).   The inculcation of feeling of serving our fellow citizens with pride and affection to best of our ability without any pressure, favour and peer pressure (whether political or administrative).

We the people ............. can't be fooled all the time by all the people should be the mool mantra henceforth.

Once again kudos for raising such relevant issue.

Best Regards

Daksh

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register