LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ragz hyder (PM)     08 October 2012

Consummation and consequences

I always hear conflicting things about the consequences of consummation. One person I consulted said that it has no  bearing. Whether its consummated or not you have to wait a year. Even if the person is schizophrenic, bipolar or god knows what.

Does consummation have any bearing on annulment or divorce?

would consummation weaken a case if things were found post that?

What disadvantages or advantages would consummation or non-consummation bring to a case of annulment or divorce

Impotency NOT playing any role in any of the partners. Would appreciate if lawyers help out here. Or persons who KNOW for a fact.

Learning

2 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     08 October 2012

1. An annulment does not have any bearing on the civil status of a marriage.
1.1. The purpose of an annulment is to invalidate a marriage on the grounds that it took place under fraudulent conditions or was never consummated.
1.2. Many people think annulments are only granted if the marriage hasn't been consummated, but there are other lawful reasons to have once marriage wiped off the marriage Register books. The procedure for annulment is similar to divorce proceedings, but the difference is that after an annulment you can go back to checking the Jeevan Sathi.com site and shout there you are single! In short in the eyes of the law, you start over with a clean slate.
1.3 For annulments to bring to floor of Court action should be brought in 1 year from the first knowledge of it. That is relevance of 1 year to your brief before us. 
2. For your other questions under this thread post I prefer rather not to reply as you will get more confused taking a ride on information highway. Hence suggested to quote your personal facts of your marriage if any, we will give direct reply instead of quoting some third party heard gyan and then getting agitated about it and thus feeling urge same to be clarified here which is nothing but duplicacy and ending in more confusions.  

ragz hyder (PM)     08 October 2012

I wish I could IM you, this being a publci forum and unique or potentially unique characteristics being googlable. but a few things, girl initially made a hysterical embarassing pubic fuss on attempt to consummation in front of all but then came back sayin sorry and was later prepared. would consummating it have proven detrimental to annulment?

If i understand you correctly, non-consummation is a grounds for annulment either through non-cooperationn or impotency. should a period of one year have passed. what is a reasonable time for consummaion before an annulment proceeding can convene on this. if at that time of proceeding "spouse"says she is willing it can no longer be ground?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register