LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Atul Anand   06 September 2023

Consumer protection act 2019

My car sustained damage while in the possession of Magic Auto Pvt. Ltd., a Maruti Authorized Center. While they have expressed their readiness to repair the vehicle, they have not responded to my specific queries. These queries were raised with the intention of approaching the matter thoroughly, seeking transparency, adhering to safety standards, and ensuring proper repairs for damages solely caused by the other party. Unfortunately, they have declined to provide any written comments or responses to my inquiries.

I am now contemplating whether I can assert my rights under the Consumer Protection Act 2019. The act, under section 2(9),

"consumer rights" includes,— (i) the right to be protected against the marketing of goods, products or services which are hazardous to life and property; (ii) the right to be informed about the quality, quantity, potency, purity, standard and price of goods, products or services, as the case may be, so as to protect the consumer against unfair trade practices;

a) Request for a detailed descripttion of the extent of damages sustained, accompanied by an incident report.

b) Solicitation of the CCTV footage capturing the incident in question.

c) Inquiry into the educational and technical qualifications, experience and License of the driver involved.

d) Query about any potential injuries sustained by the driver and the associated medical bills, if applicable.

e) Seeking confirmation whether the collision also resulted in damage to the engine and transmission components.

f) Request for the present status of components such as the steering wheel, CV axles, transaxle, and drive shaft.

g) Demand for photographs depicting the extent of damage sustained by the complainant's car.

h) Stipulation that any metallic paint applied on the car should adhere to high standards, devoid of issues like bleeding, blistering, clouding, loss of gloss, or dust contamination.

i) Insistence on the paint having a valid warranty and a guaranteed shelf life.

j) Emphasis on the proper installation of airbags in compliance with safety standards.

k) Requirement that any repair work be conducted under the supervision of Maruti.

l) Assertion that all mechanical components should remain within a valid warranty period.

m) Declaration that the complainant's car will be accepted only upon receiving assurance from Maruti Suzuki.

n) Inquiry was made into the future potential warranties and guarantees applicable to the car, aiming to clarify the coverage beyond the current situation

Learning

4 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     06 September 2023

Get the car repaired as quiclly as possible. If you think that repair of the car will not fully restore the car to the original condition when you delivered the car for repair, the liability of the garage is limited to the estimated cost of the car when you delivered it for the repair. Other things which you want like inquiry into qualifications of the driver involved are beyond the scope of the Consumer Protection Act.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     07 September 2023

Repeatd query and answerd well in previous posts.....

Atul Anand   07 September 2023

It measn I have no right to inquiry about how my car is damaged, CCTV footage, Drvier equcational and technical qualifications, how they installed air bag, What is full damages, How is paint quality under the section of 2(9) sub clause (i) and (ii) . 

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     09 September 2023

You have the right to get compensated. As regards your other queries please go through the Consumer Protection Act, 2019 and look for any section that will satisfy your requirement. To my knowledge there is no section. The Act is available on the internet.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register