LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Consumer court case -help

hello, i hired a helper through a agent during my last visit to banglore, for helping my mom with some home maintenance..i currently live abroad. but the helper took some advance of 8000 and quit the job within 3months. i had also paid a service fee of 3k to the agent and the agent hasnt provided me any replacement for their employee who quit. can i file a consumer court case for this and claim the service fee and compensation for the mental agony caused..is it required for me to serve a written notice to the agent's company before taking this to consumer court though we had plenty of email conversations exchanged between us where all my attempt to get the replacement and claim the money back failed.

Learning

1 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     16 February 2014

Generally the agencies charge a non-refundable registration fee initially. Once you are registered they have to provide you a servant with the qualifications mentioned by you in your application for registration. If such a servant quits or you find him/her not suitable they have to provide a replacement. This obligation is only during the validity of the registration period, which is normally one year.

If you were not provided a suitable replacement within the validity period of registration, you can certainly file a complaint in the consumer court against the agency.

As regards the Rs.8000/- your former servant took away it is a different issue. You can make a police case against the servant. The agency has to assist you and the police in matters such as the antecedents of the missing servant, his permanent address, telephone number, if any, his photograph etc. Most probably the agency will not be having those details. If so, you can include that also against the agency. You can claim compensation from the agency for the loss of Rs.8000/- and associate losses.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register