LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ravisingh (student)     09 December 2012

Complicated property situation help

my grandfather(nana) died a year ago .he didnt make will or not i dont know.he has two sons and one daughter .one of the son got divorcee before my grandfathers death but dies a year after his death.my grandmother i guess inhertted all the property and is not willing to give a share to my mother as she says we gave u a peice of land for marriage .what right does my mother have over the property and what right does the widow of my mama have .my father wants a divorcee now from my mother so how much right does my father have over the property of my mother or grnadmother or me   .and what about me and my wife .can i claim my grandmothers property or my mothers or my wife can claim ,becuase my mom likes my wife a lot.can my mom give all her property to y wife or my children if she gets it from my grnadmother ,without giving anything to me and what can i do if she does .

its very complicated i know ,but its important please all help

Learning

2 Replies

ravisingh (student)     09 December 2012

someone help its is not that complicated also

jlisting (adocate)     15 December 2012

if your grandfather made a will and left all in his will to his wife, i.e. your grandmother, then nobody else has rights to it while your granny is alive. her will will dictate who gets what, if he chooses o leave anything to her kids.

if grandfather died without making a will, then his children plus his wife get equal shares by law. morally, i think, the wife hould get at least half after all, he did not achieve hat he had all by himself, she had a major hand in it by having his childre n , making a home, taking care of him, his kids, maybe helping him ith his business. there is no amount of monetary value that can be placed on a wife and mother.

so first ask yuor. granny about thw will or lack of it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register