LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

A T (HR)     08 December 2014

Complaint against telecom service provider

I have corporate mobile number which I continued to use after I left the company. Vodafone has raised the bill amounting to INR 60,000/- for a month usage. 

My average billing is not more than 1500/- (on higher side), On questioning the same, I have been told that an email was sent to my previous company about the increase in usage, however there was no correspondence for the same.

The credit limit is 25000/-, Vodafone has neither called or sms about the said increase in billing, now they want either the previous company or me to pay the full bill amount.

I am not ready to pay such charges for which I have not used any services. I also wanted to know can Vodafone on non-payment of bill can create issue with my CIBIL report. 

I want to file complain against Vodafone, please guide me for the process. Thanking you in advance

Learning

2 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     09 December 2014

What do you mean by increased usage? Is it that you have used it more or that Vodafone has increased the rates for the same usage? If you have used the service more you have to pay. When you left the company did not the company ask you to surrender the connection? If you use the phone on the Company's account after your leaving the company, you were in the wrong. Vodafone can claim from the company and the company can claim from you.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 December 2014

You may obtain the copy of the latest and last itemized bill and study it...... to ascertain the increase in tariff and usage both..... Such huge increase may be due to internet usage.... If company has approved the new rates for all corporate connections then it shall be liable to pay or the company shall raise a dispute for all connections.... The revision in rates might also require approval from TRAI.... You may check. In case of dispute approach lawyer handling consumer cases.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register