LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

muthiah   30 June 2021

Commercial property on rent for 3 years. agreement expires

I am running a franchisee shop at chennai. I have entered 3 years agreement with landlord. He expires and his legal heirs are renewing my agreement. I spent huge money for renovation. My question is

1.  Landlord son and wife are not agreeing to renew my rental agreement. Due to Covid situation. i am unable to find right shop for my business, I requested them for 3 to 6 months time.

2. During discussion with land lord son, he was wild and hit me with a bottle, I filed a police case him.                                              3. Since the situation become abnormal. We filed a civil suit for extension of rental period. It is also got numbered.       

4. To counter my complaint. he filed a criminal complaint  against me. The case is that.  In the month of Dec20 , some ads in private property website,, that is, as if  i offered to  sub lease a portion of the property for rent which i am holding.  I came to know this during that time.. and immediately contacted the  website and deleted the Ad. May be by 27th December 2020,it was deleted. At that time, ,Landlord son stored the copy of  deleted  Ad and filed police complaint. His lawyer is pressuring police to file case under sec 406 and 420 of IPC.  He produced the photo copy of deleted Ad as evidence. The Ad is not live since then. Now We can not retrieve the Ad also. I have not sublet the property  rather i have not intended to do so .However, there is a clause in the agreement, that i can  sub lease the property with written permission from landlord.. My lawyer advised me that it is the civil matter and can not be tried under criminal law. 

pls advise.. how to deal with the situation..

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register