Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Riya Sharma (Accountant)     19 January 2016

Child protection laws for verbal abuse by father

Hello,

I need advice regarding child protection laws in Indian constitution for my friend's kids. My friend had family problems because of her husband, and she started living in a separate house with her children but she didn't opt for divorce/separation by law.The kids are minor (<18).

Her husband forcefully takes the children to his house every few weeks (even though kids don't want to visit him) and verbally abuses the kids. Sometimes he uses abusive language with the kids in front of relatives and strangers which causes mental torture to the children and is effecting their studies. Also we are concerned that he might cause physical harm to the kids some day.

Is there any law in Indian constitution to protect minor kids from their father;s abusive behaviour if parents are not divorced or separated? Please suggest what can be done in this case to protect kids from this mental stress.

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

Yes Ofcourse Laws are there to Protect the Children from Such things.But Still I feel the Father Loves his Children and Might be the Children would have been brain washed to hate him.Better take some Efforts like Counselling Etc and Unite that family.

Thanks for the replies. I completely understand your point of view. But having known this family for years, I too feel that the kids aren't safe with the father. The father is a male chauvinist and has exercised domestic violence on mother and one of the kid earlier as well. He has been on police records twice for such offences.

Please suggest if there is anything which can be done to avoid situations.

Thanks for the replies. I completely understand your point of view. But having known this family for years, I too feel that the kids aren't safe with the father. The father is a male chauvinist and has exercised domestic violence on mother and one of the kid earlier as well. He has been on police records twice for such offences.

Please suggest if there is anything which can be done to avoid situations.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register