Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish Singla 098140 76600 (Cheque Victim's Lawyer. LUDHIANA (PB))     28 July 2013

Cheque signed by authorised signatory.

Hi Experts.

1. A firm is prop. concern.

2. Prop. of firm had a authorised signatory ( his son ) to sign his firm cheques in emergency.

3. That son is only authorised to sign but never allowed to see the affairs of that firm.

4. A cheque signed by son to dischage the liabilty of firm, bounced. Complaimant made notice to firm as well as son being aithorised signatory. Process is on u/s 138 against only son but court never questened to prop. to get bail.

5. Court being summoned to son only and accepted bail of son only and case continued against son only u/s138, never u/s 141.

6. Complainant  says that ' I have friendly relation with son and advanced him a friendly loan and son had issued me cheque of above said firm to dicharge the liabilty of son'

Now what is the position of son ?

Learning

2 Replies

rohan (vp)     28 July 2013

He has to defend stating that no loan taken !!

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     29 July 2013

Dear Ashish

as per the complaint I have friendly relation with son and advanced him a friendly loan and son had issued me cheque of above said firm to dicharge the liabilty of son'

in this situation the firm is not liable to pay ant amount because there is no liability upon firm the son is only accused in this case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register