Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramwalia (Prop.)     10 April 2011

cheque Issued to a joint A/C

Dear Sir,

I want to clarify a quiry from you.Suppose a cheque is presented in a joint A/C with two joint signatories and is Stopped for payment by the drawee due to some dispute.Can any one signatory file a case u.s. 138 NI act when the other signatory is opposed to litigation and wants a compromise to recover money quickly.

Learning

3 Replies

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     10 April 2011

file suit against both of them in a pitition!

Ramwalia (Prop.)     11 April 2011

Dear Sir,

The cheque is issued to a joint A/C by a buyer. It is being operated jointly by 2 partners. One partner has filed a suit under sec 138 NI act without consuting other partner.As the case is weak as per our lawyer as we have banked a cheque for 12 Lacs and got it bounced.Whereas 3 Lacs was received as advance and only 9 Lacs is actual payment to be received.Now the party is willing to give the rightfull dues of 9 lacs provided we take the case back. But other partner is not willing.My point is can he act unilaterally and file the case without consulting other partner. Or can I move court to withdraw the case as it has been filed without my consent.

shiv (lawyer)     16 April 2011

nonsense who is the dtrawee and drawer any one of the drawee can bring in a suit/138  also see summary suit proceeding in cpc

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register