LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anaam   14 January 2016

Cheating spouse - advice needed to act further

Please Guide on this case, which is follows.

1. I am a husband currently living in another city, away from my wife and daughter for past two years due to Job Requirements. My daughter is going to be 21 (a student) and my wife is about 52. I am 55. She is a working, self employed professional.

2. About 7 years back my wife was in a romantic relationship with another man about which I discovered and made her realize the futility of such an extra marital relationship. After much initial denials she accepted her folly but again went back to her romantic relationship. This happened thrice and during this period she wrote three confessions (one in handwritting and two typed), signed them (which are in my custody) every time assuring that she will not repeat her mistakes.

3. One of our verbal understanding during that stressful period was that  we both will keep open our all email accounts and other financial non-financial account passwords accessible to both of us.

4. Life went back to normal and was smooth till a few months back when I started getting signals that something was not right. She started hiding messages and wont share passwords etc, saying she needed space and privacy. During this period she invited a person home to stay over night in my absense and told me about this when i came home. This person, is also mentioned in those confession letters (I had asked her not to keep in touch with him since I did not find him very straightforward).

5. Lately she has been saying things like: I dont want to keep any relationship. Dont Come home and disturb us etc. etc. I suspect there is something going between them. That person who lives in another city near my wife's residence, also gives her gifts like expensive iPhones etc. He is also married (i think it is his second marriage). He also gives her cash (i know of one instance where he has given her cash in lieu of using my wife's credit card). She like a fool also shared her credit card info with this person.

6. One of the mobiles she has been using is registered in my name. In a fit of anger a couple of days back i blocked that SIM and now I have a replacement card in my custody through through which I can access her email account and unearth very damaging information (i beleive but not sure).

I want to know by doing so would I be liable for any offence?

I want us to get back but I also want to know the truth. So should I try to access her mail?

I dont know what action (legal or otherwise) she is planning because she has come to know that i know/suspect of her endevours. On one occassion she has also travelled with that person to another city. This i Know by the Rail Records which I have obtained from the Ministry of Railways.

At this stage I do not want what legal or other options are available for me.

Suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks

Learning

5 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     14 January 2016

At the outset whatever u mentioned is true, I appreciate ur patience. So repeatedly she is continuing her relations with other men.But as per ur query it is understood that all these years both of u have been compromising with each other aand living together. If u r sure that she will not mend her ways convience her for mutual divorce and get separated. U have to keep in mind the future of ur grown up daughter also.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     14 January 2016

Seek divorce by mutual from her by discussing the matter with her frankly and burry the relationship forever, rather indulging in entering in her privacy, getting involved in unnecessary litigation with her and other authorities.

Anaam   14 January 2016

Thanks Sainath, Vijay Raj and Renuka. Greatful for your varied responses. I want to read/know more about this for you learned people. I have this strong urge to look into her email account and get/gather more evidence. Any views on this.

Anaam   14 January 2016

@Renuka I dont think it will be more humiliation for me if I peep into her account since I have had survived the original tremors (Jhatkas) and become stronger.

I can easily look into her account since I have the SIM card on which her mail recovery is listed. Morally, It may be right but what about the legal angle. Won't it give me more evidence in case she wants to take a legal route?

For both Mutual Consent Divorce and counselling she has to agree which I presume she might not be. Knowing her, I know she will deny everything, may be put the blame on me. She may also deny because in the previous confession letters she has said that if next time she is caught repeating, I have all the rights to LEAVE her (which I dont want to). However I will try to talk to her when I go home this time in two weeks.

Vicky (Engg)     15 January 2016

there is a proverb in hindi which i will tell here in english i.e. a dog's tail will never get straightened.

knowing everything about your spouse and still continued the relatioship and wanted to continue it, which made directly or indirectly you a cuckold.

a guy who is having relationship with married women and the women also interested in it definetly they both will make a 21 years old person future whore.

gather as much data as you can - pull mails, chat conversation, call logs, phone records, card statements, etc; keep spy cameras everywhere in the house then expose them to the world so that even people should know which kind of women she is but main thing by this activity is a 21 year old person will come to know if you do bad only bad will happen, & she will be in good path in her life because only parents can teach there child what is right or wrong if not then they will take time to be in right path or go in wrong path.

Ignorance, Innocence and Unawareness are key things for all problems!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register