LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RK ACADEMY-Chennai   26 December 2023

Cheating by staff

I am running a small coaching center. A staff was working from 2021 February till 2022 November.  One day she suddenly stopped coming to job for finding a mistake in her. I also agreed. Almost 25 students were coming. Because of her sudden quit from job , many students stopped coming. And after few days almost my ACADEMY was empty.  Later I came to know that that staff took all my students to her home and teaching. I was shocked and totally collapsed. As I was dependent on this business for my survival. I struggled a lot to pay rent for my commercial building. I faced lot of mental agony and financial stress because of that staffs actions. I want to legally make her accountable for her act. Is it possible? I request reply from experts. Thank you🙏

Learning

3 Replies

SAM (LEGAL)     26 December 2023

Do you gave any offer/appointment letter to her at the time of joining? What were the terms and conditions mentioned in appointment letter?

When she left your office what action did you take to call her and rejoin office to complete notice period?

Whether any PF or ESIC was been deducted from her salary?

If your answer for the above 3 questions is NO then you cant take any action against her

P. Venu (Advocate)     26 December 2023

The facts posted suggest no 'Cheating' as known to law. Even a civil maction is unlikely to succeed.

Let bygones be bygones, Such set backs or let downs are part of life. Just accept the facts, imbibe the lessons and move on.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 December 2023

This is part of business.

You cannot always expect profit out of such businesses.

The reported losses are common.

She cannot be held liable if the students stopped coming to your coaching center.

You should have equipped properly sooner the staff left the place.

Your inability to manage the business cannot be attirbutable to the developments.

You may have to restart the business after plugging the loopholes by properly introspecting the earlier performance 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register