Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harrassed _by _498a (Executive)     03 December 2013

Change of religion ?

Dear Experts

As i want earlier also to change my relligion but my family members not allowed me to do so, but now i want to change whether they accept me or not, my wife has already filed a false complain in women cell she is a characterless lady i dont trust women now and i dont want to marry anyone in my whole life i want to change my religion and rid of my greedy wife...so that i will spent my time in path pooja.....please advice if i will change my religion .... it is harmful for me in 498A complaint or it is treat as normal.....

Regards

498A = Frauds

Learning

3 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     03 December 2013

1.there is no need to change of your religion It doesn't help you to solve your problem , but it creat problem for you because it shows your malicious intention that you are a real problem creater and uses different mode to harass your wife therefore forget about change of religion and be brave and fight your case on their merits with collect the proof against her and in favour of your innocence . the case will go on untill they are not decided , there should be no effect to change or remain in the same religion .

Harrassed _by _498a (Executive)     03 December 2013

Thank you Sir for Reply.

(Guest)

Changing of one’s religion is a ground for the spouse to obtain a decree of divorce. Section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act provides that when any marriage is solemnized, it may, on a petition by either of the spouses, be dissolved by a decree of divorce.

One of the grounds for passing a decree of divorce is that the other party has ceased to be a Hindu by conversion to another religion. Therefore, if you proceed with the conversion of your religion, it will not harm you in the 498A case as such; however, it gives a ground to your wife to proceed for divorce against you and only help to strengthen her case and thereby weaken yours. I would suggest you to not convert your religion till the case has been decided.

You may consult an expert in this regard.

–Regards

Advocate Pooja

www.lawkonect.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register