Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramkumar   10 February 2015

Challenging will and claiming rights on property

Respected Experts,

Following is the situation (region Delhi)

1. My Grandmother owned a property/house in Delhi (sale deed of the land on which house is built is on her name).
  2. She has three children two daughters(My Mother and My Aunt) and one son(My Uncle). Only My Uncle is Alive. My Aunt and My Mother is no more.
  3. My Grandmother in her will (that was court deposited not registered) doesn't given any right to My Mother (i.e is one of her daughter) on the house/property mentioned above.
  4. The house/property was divided equally among my Uncle(son of my grandmother) and my Aunt(daughter of my grandmother).
  5. My Aunt (daughter of my grandmother) was unmarried and died without leaving any will not specifying what is to be done with her share on the house/property mentioned above.

Now, Can I challenge the will of my grandmother and claim my right on the above mentioned property(of my Grandmother) though my Mother doesn't have any right on that property due to the will that my grandmother did.

Or

Can I claim on the share of property which is given or inherited by my Aunt(who died without will) because of  my grandmother will.

If it is possible then under which case reference or act or law I can do this and what is the chance that this goes in my favor.

Thanking You

Yours Faithfully

Mr. Ram

Learning

1 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     10 February 2015

Cant lay any claim on grandmother property.but u can claim your intestate aunts property

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register