LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Musarraf Khan   23 March 2024

Cash stolen in bank premises.

I withdrew cash inside PNB bank. There is no security guard inside the bank or on the main gate. When I was moving towards main gate to exit there were some people who created ruckus on the main gate and stole my money from my bag where I kept cash after withdrawal. There was CCTV footage where I saw some people were following me. But the main point is there is no security guard inside or outside anywhere in Banks premises. In this case what should I do ? Please assist me. 

Learning

5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 March 2024

The security guard is employed by the bank for its own safety and security and not to provide security to the customers against such thefts.

Hence Bank cannot be held liable for this act.

You can lodge a criminal complaint against the thiefs with the local police.

Musarraf Khan   23 March 2024

But in a similar case in 2016 NCDRC held that if such incidents happen inside the bank premises, the bank is liable to compensate because it is banks duty to give security to their customers inside the bank.

Attached File : 1036458 20240323005249 screenshot 2024 03 23 00 49 51 72 40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg downloaded: 32 times

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     23 March 2024

As experienced every Bank branch has deplyed armed security guard, it is not understood as to how your branch did not employ, if your statement is taken as a true story.

How can guard(s) provide personal security to each and every visitor / customer of the Bank, is it possible ?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 March 2024

If youstill  feel that it is bank's responsibility to provide security to its customers inside the bank premises, you can proceed with your proposed consumer complaint for deficiency in service against bank.

Before that please confirm the law about it and then proceed 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 March 2024

The subsequent post by one mcw19 conveys no meaning besides it is totally an irrelevant topic to the subject of this thread 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register