LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GOKULDAS KAMATH (EX BANKER)     01 March 2012

Cash robbery

I am working for a gold loan company since last 3 years as Branch Maanger.Company permits the takeover of gold loan from other NBFC /financial institutions. Our branch has done gold loan business of more than 5.00 crores only through take overs.While the rules framed by the company is stringent,marketing department gives oral permission for take over.Usual method is we take cash and go to the financial institutions where the gold is pledged,release it and bring ther gold to our branch and create a new loan and additional  amount of loan is available to such customers.

EXAMPLE:

Mr.X comes to us and shows us a pawn ticket of Muthoot Finance showing pledge of 100 grams gold for a loan of Rs.150000 and requests us for takeover of this gold loan. Interest due is Rs.25000 and total amount required to release this gold from Muthoot Finance is Rs.175000.If the same gold is pledged with us, he will get Rs.230000 loan.So,he will get Rs.55000 extra loan against same gold. But, he has no money to release the gold from Muthoot Finance.So,we  go to Muthoot Finance branch with cash of Rs.175000 and pay it to Muthoot Finance on behalf of Mr.X. Mr.X will get back his 100 grams gold which will be handed over to us there itself. We come back to our branch along with Mr.X and pledge this gold for Rs.230000.A loan will be created for Rs.230000 in the name of Mr.X and Mr.X will be paid difference amount of Rs.55000.With this, gold loan business of  our company  is increased by Rs.230000 with in 45 to 60 minutes.ID and Address proof of Mr.X is obtained and loan will be released only after Mr.X executes a demand promissory note.

We used to go by customer's vehicle.On 21.02.2012,while going for such take over in the customer's car,he turned out to be a dacoit and robbed us of Rs.7.50 lakhs,took the car to 50 km away from city and thrown us out of car and escaped.Company has appointed several retired police officers on hefty salary.While lodging police complaint,these retired police officials did not allow the police authorities to accept my written complaint and did not register the FIR.On 22.02.2012,company lodged a complaint against me under 406 and 420 stating that I am the real culprit in this case.I  was tortured ,humiliated and harrassed in the police station.It is learnt that arrest warrant has been issued.Company and retired police officials and police authorities are not taking into cognisance,the CC camers footages,copies of documents available ,car number and suspected names provided to them and type of language used by the robbers.So,important evidences are likely to be hushed up.By lodging a police complaint,company wants to claim the amount from Insurance company which otherwise is not possible.I have applied for Anticipatory bail which may take another 3-4 days.Kindly inform me what can I do so that police take up my complaint and investigate this case on the basis of clues already given to them

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register