LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Govind (AM)     09 April 2014

Case withdrawel

I had filed nullity of marriage case against my wife which i want to withdraw as we have reconciled. My lawyer had till now just helped me in filing the case by making the required papers for filing the case. I have already paid to him 10k only for filing papers.

During filing the case i asked him whts his charges in lum sum for whole case and not on hearing basis too which he said once case starts then he will let me know. I had hired him through a relative.

My case first day was a counselling day which worked for us and we kept taking hearings on the pretext that we are discussing out of court settlement. We took hearings on our own without my lawyers help as he was always busy with other cases. He had said once counseling is over then his work will start. Its been a year we stopped going on hearings as we have reconciled and the case has never gone to court only counseling has happened.

Now i want to close case by taking it back. I dont know how to do it. If i ask my lawyer he will charge me very huge amount which i dont think is worth giving as he was never made to work for the case except for filing case which i have already paid him.

I want to close the case as soon as possible and also in cheapest possible way. Please suggest me what to do. I can hire other lawyers through friends who will charge less than 5k for case closure but i dont know if its allowed to change lawyer n do it. Also my lawyer is a well known lawyer and he may come to know through court employees that i am closing case without his help and he may trouble me for money. I am short of money hence want to save as much on closing case.

I had taken help of this forum while filing case. During which some of the members of this forum had given me sincere advise for my marriage which i highly appreciate as it helped me reconcile.

I require your all advice on how to close the case. It will be very helpful to me in proceeding further.

Learning

4 Replies

Sanjeev Kumar Baliyan (Advocate & Consultant)     10 April 2014

Dear Mr. Govind,

You can withdraw your case at any stage and also can change a lawyer at any stage.

what is your location??

you can contact me at sanjeev.baliyan@clairvoyants.co.in

Adv. Sanjeev Baliyan

Govind (AM)     10 April 2014

Dear Mr. Sanjeev,

Thanks for your reply. What will be the procedure for case withdrawal in my case. What according to you shall be the charges for a lawyer to do so and how much time it will take.

My case was filed in mumbai court.

Regards

Govind

Govind (AM)     10 April 2014

Also please tell me if i get a job abroad now will it be any problem for me or my wife to go abroad with the case still on like not getting visa and all. Though case went till counseling only and never to court.  Also we are getting our passport renewed will it be any problem getting passport renewed with the case on?

Your valuable comments will be highly appreciated.

Govind (AM)     13 April 2014

Also i as myself and my wife have not attended case since a year we dont know what happened to it. Does the case gets closed on its own as both the parties not attending it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register