Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramesh (consultent)     27 November 2012

Cani buy a property from gpa holder withsign of actual owner

Hi Everyone,

I have a question.  X is the orignal owner of the property in bangalore and he was executed GPA  holder in favour of Y around 15years back, now Y is willing to sell the property, property owner X& GPA holder Y both are confirmed that they will come to the registration office to give their signatures and thumbline, can any one help me that can i buy this property from GPA holder. your help much appriciated.

Learning

3 Replies

ramesh (consultent)     27 November 2012

forgot to mentioned that Do i also required to get signatures from actual owner X childrens and GPA holder Y childrens at the time of registration, please respond me ASAP.

K. GOPALAKRISHNAN (ADVOCATE)     30 November 2012

Dear Ramesh,

it is advised to get the signature of the owner of the property instead of GPA holder as the GPA had been executed 15 years ago.  You may get the signature of the GPA holder as a attesting witness in the sale deed.  It is also advised to insist and get the original GPA executed by the land owner along with other parent documents at the time of registration.  If you have not received the GPA there is chance of multiple transaction effected by GPA holder with that GPA.  The sale consideration of the property to be paid to the land owner only in the presence of the GPA holder to avoid any dispute and for smooth conclusion of the transaction. 

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     13 December 2012

yes it is right to take the original GPA to avoid future complications 

it is better to take original owner signature and GPA as witness and relevant documents before excuting the process

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register