Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vijairajesh (practitioner)     02 August 2011

Cancellation of settlement deed

sir / madam

fact of the case is , that i settle my house property to my doughter through settlement deed without conditions and also adding a clause irrevocable settlement deed, now i was pulled out from my house which i setteled by my son in law, so i cancelled my settlement deed subsequently and regitered -   

whether the settlement deed can be cancelled ? what is the effect the cancellation ?

could the settelor can cancel the settlement on his own?

what is the legal effect?

awiting for ur replies ..

thanks in advance

Learning

5 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     03 August 2011

yOu can canell it.  If it is regd., then exeucte the regd., cancellation deed or you can file a suit in the court.

girish shringi (advocate)     03 August 2011

I do agree with Rajeev,you can.

vijairajesh (practitioner)     03 August 2011

sir

as per section 126 of TP act gift can be cancelled only at certain circumstances, that (if both the donee and donar consent to it  ----  otherwise if any condition attached to it which was not fulfilled) beside this any law speaks about settlement of property?

how can i prove my cancelletion of settlement is valid and that end the rights of the settlee in that property?

KARUNAKARAN (ADVOCATE)     03 August 2011

Dear Mr. Vijairajesh,

Once a settlement deed is executed it cannot be revocked. If possession is not handed over, you can set forth such a defence. Transferree cannot dispossess you otherwise than due course of law.  If there is any conditions such as to enjoy the same for life time etc., that will prevail. Any other case no question of cancelling it. Only way is by retrasfer by the transferee.

Mahadeva Rao G (ADVOCATE)     05 August 2011

My sincere  suggestion is  to deny  the  fact  such  there is  a settlement  deed  or   alternatively  if  r successful     in  proving  that    your  signature  was  taken  by misrepresenting  the  facts  in  the  document.    u  stand  a chance.     BUt  until and unless  complete  case  is  studied  under what circumstances  such  deed  was executed,   u r age,  any other  health problems u have etc.,  then  it will be easy  for  the experts  to  guide u  in   proper  direction    in securing  u r  property  and importantly u r  happiness  back.

u can revert back to me in case if u wish to  at   sohan1912@rediffmail.com or on 9845285555.   

may  god help u soon.

Warm regards,

Mahadeva Rao G.   ADVOCATE    9845285555    BANGALORE.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register