Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dhruv (other)     21 September 2013

Can my wife kick me out of the apartment which i stay in?

Lets say I begin to stay in a rented apartment with my wife and kids close to her parents house (as per offer in mediation)

Can my wife falsely allege domestic violence and use the DVA 2005 to kick me out of the rented apartment and then I have to stay in my father's house ??????

In such a case would I have to keep paying the rent of the apartment while my wife and kids stay there ???? (as she earns a fraction of the apartment's rent). Her father's apartment would be very near to this apartment.

I am afraid that agreeing to this demand would bring all benefits to her as her father does not have to worry about his daughter sitting at him home but still acheive  desired objective of dominating me as per their whims and fancies under the threat of DV Act 2005 and 498a.

Today is mediation round. Please opine. Learned members of this forum.

Learning

5 Replies

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     21 September 2013

She might allege but cant kick you out.

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

(Guest)
Originally posted by : dhruv

Lets say I begin to stay in a rented apartment with my wife and kids close to her parents house (as per offer in mediation)

Can my wife falsely allege domestic violence and use the DVA 2005 to kick me out of the rented apartment and then I have to stay in my father's house ??????

In such a case would I have to keep paying the rent of the apartment while my wife and kids stay there ???? (as she earns a fraction of the apartment's rent). Her father's apartment would be very near to this apartment.

I am afraid that agreeing to this demand would bring all benefits to her as her father does not have to worry about his daughter sitting at him home but still acheive  desired objective of dominating me as per their whims and fancies under the threat of DV Act 2005 and 498a.

Today is mediation round. Please opine. Learned members of this forum.

Possiblities are N number. And you got only one butt to get kicked ! Save your arse, contact good criminal lawyer.

or else tell.. Jai Patni.. Jai wife.. Main joru ka ghulaaam banke rahoonga.. :-))

(Guest)

(repeated query)

Nothing like that......

The rented flat will be termed here as marital home where husband and wife both resides and rent is even paid by husband. Wife has no power to kick you out,but yes according to DVA 2005 she can ask for share household inside that flat and seek for protection against you.

that means I will have to continue to pay the rent of the flat forever !!!!

that means I will have to continue to pay the rent of the flat forever, after she alleges DV complaint ???

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register