Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohammed Ismail (Executive)     24 July 2013

Can i take legal action against my previous employer?

Hi,

I was joined as a trainee in a consultancy firm in July 2010 and worked till Dec 2011 (1 year 6 months). In my offer letter under clause condition for resigning it was mentioned as " if I resigned  the company before 3 years I have to pay Rs.1,00,000. My perception was towards completing 3 years but due to verbal harassment by the employer I left from the company in Dec 2011. Before I leaving, I formally gave resignation and served for one month notice period.

During my notice period, they hold my last two month salary (Nov 11 & Dec 11) and variable salary for past quarters (July 11,Aug 11 & Sep 11). The total amount comes around Rs.40,000. Even after absorbing all the money they are still demanding me to pay Rs.1,00,000 to return back my certificates (X, XII & degree consolidated mark sheet).

I lodged compliant in police and labour commissioner (through cmcell petition) but there is no progress. 

The past one and half year I am approaching my employer through phone call, email and direct visit but no proper response. They are demanding me to pay such lump sum amount.

Can I take legal against my employer?

Regards,

Ismail

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register