LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tsuma   03 February 2024

Can i lodge an fir against my bf for cheating me on the pretext of marriage

My boyfriend got physical with me by telling that he'll marry he also kept me st his home with his parents for 15 days by telling me that my parents are allowed me to Marry you and after 7 months he asked me to not to disturb him for 1 months during his exams so followed what he said and now he's telling me that he can't marry me bcoz of his parents,, his parents knew about our physical relationship too when they allowed me to their home,...can I lodge a complaint against him for cheating on the promise of marriage

Learning

6 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     03 February 2024

There is no case of cheating against BF, since it (physical relationship) was consensual. Moreover, such offer (marriage) is not enforceable in law. Even if you are lodging a police ./ Court complaint it is not maintainable.

It is better to forgive and forget him (BF) and start your life with someone else afresh.   

SAM (LEGAL)     03 February 2024

First of all its your fault that you become physical with him. Until and unless you get married with him you should not have been physical with your boyfriend as no case of cheating against your boyfriend, since the (physical relationship) was consensual and you agreed with him. You didnt perform marriage rituals in front of any priest/monk so no proof is available with you due to which it is not enforceable in law. Leave him immediately and start new life with some other partner as he is not your type. Move on in your life. Let him repent for you in his life.

Ramanathan G (Independent practice)     04 February 2024

File a Police station complaint. You will face insult. but may get opportunity to marry him.
police can charge his parents also.
main benefit, police will ensure, he will not bring another girl to his house. they will try to get justice to all victims of his past.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 February 2024

agreeng with expects I will seek further if reasons for refusing marriage i cast factor.

Tsuma   05 February 2024

What type of factor

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     09 February 2024

has the marrige been refused on cast factor.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register