Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Joshi (Semester-I)     08 March 2017

Can i file a case against electricity department ?

Respected Sir,

Before one year there was some Problem with my Electricity meter, So i filed an application in particular department for changing my meter. But they did not take any action on it, So i complained for the Particular Department so many Places. Then We Verbally Compromise on these complaints and they solved my issues and i took back my complaints. Now from last 6 Months they are sending me Average bill of my Electricity usage. Every time i correct this bill and deposit the fee of my bill, And they asks this time your bill has been corrected and next time you will not get a average bill. But still i am getting an average Bill. This time they say if you dont Deposit your bill then your electricity connection will be cut without any notice. Now the Electricity Department is oppressing me. Now can i file a case against the Department in Court ??

1-Under what circumstances i can go to the court ?

2-Should i wait them to cut my Connection, So that i can declare that i corrected my bill 6 times even though they cut my connection and affect my Right of having a Connection and go the court according law of torts.

3-And if there is any other Circumstance, Under which i can go to the court against the particular department Please Mention.

Thank You.....!

Learning

1 Replies

ANUNAY SAHAY (Lawyer)     08 March 2017

Dear Rahul, 

These problems do occur. Firstly, you need to be very particular and only communicate with the discom suppling you electricity through email or a written representation. As far as the discoms in Delhi are concerned, say, BSES, TPPDL etc., they have their offices in delhi where you need to go. First deal with the billing department through a written communication, in case your problem doesnt get solved, you approach the enforcement department of the discom and even if the problem persists you will have to approach the Head of Department of the discom concerned. Since your problem is a genuine one, i believe it will get proper redressal at one of the abovementioned stages. However, in case the problem remains, i would request you to find the appellate authority to HOD, which will be available either on their website(if any) or in their offices and lodge a complaint there. Thats the best you can do to get your problem addressed.

Even if the problem doesnt get resolved, you won't have any in house remedy and would have to get a legal notice sent to the discom and wait for a reply. If you recieve one, well and fine, if not, a consumer complaint in the District Forum would be an appropriate remedy.

In case you need any held, do call me at 8800628336.

Yours

Adv. Anunay Sahay

Founder, Darrow Legal Law Firm

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register