Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SARBANI   12 December 2022

Can husband avoid wife's calls and texts legally and not give her pocket money?

Hi after my father's death I have to look after my mom and stay with her for 8 months. I have informed this to my husband earlier. Still he is playing tricks with me so that I either leave my mom or leave him. At this point since I am a housewife I cannot leave him but now he started avoiding my calls. He stopped sending me money and said if you want food stay with me. I went to stay with him along with my mom but he quarrel for petty reasons like the food I cooked is not tasty, etc. Even when I used to stay with him he don't give me money for my needs like buying news clothes for festivals or for decoration of house during festivals. I came back to my mother's place because of some bank work and was planning to return on Jan but now he is avoiding calls. Please guide me that can he avoid my calls and also guide me can I ask him for a small amount of pocket money every month?

Learning

4 Replies

INDU SHEKHAR (Associate advocate)     12 December 2022

attending or not attending a phone call is his choice but u may claim maintenance under the Cr.p.c section 125 from ur husband...

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     12 December 2022

you should not have to ask your husband for money; he is bound by law to provide it to you. Also, the wife has a right to know the details of her husband's salary, as per a 2018 ruling by the Madhya Pradesh High Court.

SARBANI   13 December 2022

When I say that wife has right to ask money from husband he say that I want money from him, I am a gold digger that's why I married him eventually making me shut up. He say maintainence is only given to those who get divorced.. Is this true? Can I not ask him for money while still married?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 December 2022

such behavrious calling wife gold digger is cruelity.

Your query is not clear whether your mother is dependent on you if so on you alone.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register