Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vivek Pophale   25 August 2023

Can builder charge customer for providing ev point in parking

Hi Team,

I am from Pune and have booked the under construction property. As per local corporation laws it is mandatory for builder to provide EV charging points in all new constructions. Please see below article.

https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/pune/pune-civic-body-makes-it-mandatory-for-new-buildings-to-have-ev-charging-facilities-8133079/#:~:text=The%20Pune%20Municipal%20Corporation%20(PMC,Vehicle%20Policy%202021%20in%20Pune.

Now, I have requested to provide me a parking with EV point, can builder charge me for this EV point and if he can then what should be the amount and when I need to pay this amount.

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 August 2023

Nothing prevented you from asking this practical question from the builder instead of approaching this forum.

This is not a legal question, if there is a provision in the sale agreement for this then the builder is obliged to do the same as per the terms mentioned therein, you may better approach the office or personal relation staff of the builder in this regard and get all your questions / dioubts clarified.

Vivek Pophale   25 August 2023

Thanks for your reply. Now let me explain you the situation. Builder is asking me to pay additional amount for parking with EV point. There is no mention about EV parking in agreement. My question/ concern is if it is mandatory for builders to provide EV points to customers by local government body then is it not ilelegal to ask for additional amount for parking with EV point ?

SRIPRAKASH BHATTACHARYA (RETIRED)     25 August 2023

In this world nothing comes free.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register