Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shuaib Ahmed (xyz)     25 September 2013

Can a spa be legal if made over an existing spa?

Hello!

I have named a SPA (Special Power of Attorney) in favour of a person, who isn't in a mood to give it back to me at any cost. He is looking forward to take control of my properties through his evil-minded tricks. I want to save myself from this evil man. What choice do I have? Shall I approach police? Since, the SPA isn't a registered one, is it possible to create a new SPA in favour of my son, mentioning that the previous SPA stands cancelled and all the authorities are given to my son? Is this possible? Please help!

Thank you for your precious time!

Learning

2 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     25 September 2013

first of all,  you can cancel the SPA on stamp worth Rs.20/- and issue registered (with acknowledgement due)   notice to the person to whom you have given power of attorney that you have cancelled the SPA., though it is un-registered.   then you may give power to your son.  this is for information only.

SUJATA PAGARE (lawyer)     27 September 2013

u CAN CANCEL  THE  SPA by giving Public Notice in two to three Leading news papers

and by addressing termination notice

You can also Appoint your son as your attorney and register it with the concern sub-registrar of assurance

and in that power in recitals you can give reference of termination of the earlier SPA

and also enclosed the Termination Notice and Public Notice Xerox Copies so it will become a Public Document.

And it is presumption in law that any document which is registered the general public is having deemed knowledge

from th edtae of registration

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register