Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srinivas (Programmer)     06 April 2013

Buy farm land in maharashtra

Hi,

My name is Srinivas from Mumbai. My mother has a agriculature land in Andhra Pradesh and has a 7/12 document for the same.

I am a Computer programmer and my wife is also a Computer Programmer from Mumbai.

Can my wife buy a Farm Land for agriculture purpose based on 7/12 document of my mother?

If not, then "WILL" or some other ways be used to transfer land to my wife's name after few months.

Please advise.

Learning

4 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 April 2013

agrarian laws are different for each state.  Generally non-farmeer are not allwed to buy agrarian land.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     06 April 2013

VF7 and 12 is known as 7/12 which is combination of two village forms.  Subject to approval from the competent authority in village form no.6 (Mutation Register), talati makes changes in VF7. 

VF7 has the details of survey number, tenure, farm name, land use, land type and its area, waste land portion,   assessment, owners names, borrowings and other rights details, tenants details, conditions imposed by government etc. VF7 is known as Record of Right (ROR) 

only an Agriculturist of an state of india can purchase agricultural lands in state of maharastra(Non-agriculturist is prohibited from purchase of agricultural land by law)

the Purchaser agriculturist has to produce proof of he being an agriculturist by submitting 7/12 extract in his to the land revenue officer - Talathi of the respective village, without which ownership of such purchased agricultural land can not be transferred.

If wife or husband prior to her or his marriage either of is an agriculturist the other automatically becomes agriculturist and there afer their children by succession

sr (developer)     15 May 2013

if a girl marries in a agricultural family, can she purchase agri land on his name using 7/12 of her father in law or any other in family

omkar sawant (engineer)     24 November 2013

Respected Sir ,

Can anybody tell me what are the criteria for any person to buy agricultural land in maharashtra.Kindly give the associated articles of land act.

Your's sincerely,

Omkar Sawant

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register