LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rakesh (Partner)     07 July 2014

Building is without appropriate fire fighting system

Respected experts, Would like some guideline on the following matter. I have purchased a flat in newly constructed building,(High rise) I have got the possession in Nov 2010 and OC came in 2011. Builder has given the possession without completing many amenities which has been covered in the registered agreement and till today it's not been delivered by him. In 2011 we had a small incident of fire and fire brigade came and they said that the fire fighting system is not as per BMC norms which are for a High rise buildings. We have contacted the builder and he said he will do the needful. In May 2013 we have got the society registered and committee has taken the place. We again checked with the builder to finish the amenities for which he has taken the huge some amount and also asked him to fix the fire fighting system but he didn't bother, then finally we called the vendor and he has given the report that there are lot of things which are not there in the fire fighting system and gave us the quote of 22 lacs to get the system functional. Till today our building does not have fire fighting system in place, now committee is proposing us members to contribute to fix the system and then claim the expense to the builder. Which I think is really not a good move. Is there anyway that we can catch the builder and pressure him to fix it? I have enquired about it with PRO in wadala (East) fire brigade,as our area comes under them and they said they will send their team to inspect once we give a written complaint and if they find anything wrong then there are chances that for safety purpose they will disconnect the electricity supply of this building, Which will not solve our problem but in a way it will add the trouble. Please guide and let me know what's the best way to get the builder to fix the faulty fire fighting system. Regards: Rakesh Shah

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register