LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sudhir Mahendra (manager)     08 May 2012

Builder asking for extra money to do registration

I had booked for a flat two years back at a certain rate and even loan was approved from Indiabulls on the basis of the agreed rate and amount and accordingly "Agreement To Sale" was made jointly signed by buyer and seller and submitted to Indiabulls but now to do registration Builder is asking for extra money over and above agreed amount. Pls advice if Builder ius bounded to do registry at an agreed amount as per "Agreement To Sale". What legal course can I take? Can I appeal in Consumer Forum?.....Pls respond....Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 May 2012

Please read carefullly terms and conditions of agreement of sale. If nothing is mentioned about the registration charges, then you take consent from the builder. or else you can file a petition at consumer forum in time.

Ibrahim Deshmukh (Legal Consultancy)     08 May 2012

Dear Mr Mahendra

Under section 17 of the Indian Registration Act, 1908 registration  is compulsory if we transfer any property by , sale,  by  lease or by any other  means of transfer.

From your question, and based on your say that the Bank has already agreed to disburse you home loan, which basically asks for NOC from Builder or CHS, as the case may be.  If either of them have already issued you the NOC, and the Bank has sanctioned your application, then you have good chances to contest the Builder, on various other grounds as well.

However, if that is not the case, and no NOC is issued to you at all, then the Sale Deed, entered between your current Seller  (believing he is first original buyer from the builder) and the builder and its clauses will matter and certainly need to be scrutinized, if there is any mention of transfer charges. 

Prima facie the Builder seems to be in default on other counts as well. 

Unless some more detailed inputs  and facts are not revealed by you, me and my legal fraternity will only be trying to guess and try their best to respond you.

Ibrahim Deshmukh
Legal Consultant
www.law-india.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register