Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

letsfight (engineer)     20 June 2016

Booking amount of flat

Hello Experts,

I booked a flat recently, and as a token amount I paid Rs 1 Lakh, and after the verification of the documents, i found one clause in his agreement which was not acceptable. So I cancelled the booking amount. Now the builder is not returning the money. He is telling when any other customer book the flat than he will give me the booking amount.

Please guide me how can i get my money back.

Learning

5 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     20 June 2016

Sir, Send him.legal notice for the recovery of the amount ... Warm Regards Kapil Chandna Advocate 9899011450

letsfight (engineer)     20 June 2016

can i take help of consumer forum ?

P. Venu (Advocate)     21 June 2016

You can. But a civil court could be a better option.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     21 June 2016

completely unethical on the part of the builder. The Supreme Court has held that a consumer has the right to approach the Civil Court or the Forum under the Consumer Protection Act for relief in a situation where the builder commits breach of his obligations. You should send a legal notice asap.

letsfight (engineer)     21 June 2016

Thank you all for your valuable advice, as you all suggested will send a legal notice to him.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register