LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nareendar S   05 October 2019

bond and cheque related section

One person got money from me and returned money fully in 7 month but actually what is the agreement is the borrower told he running a business and give 30 percent every month but at one stage he got good profit and return my capital now I gave 1 lakh at February now he returned same amount in September without any benefits can I put case in court against him?

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 October 2019

Without a written agreement or understanding or participation in business, the chances of filing suit and recovering that 30% return amount is remote.  Do not waste your time, energy and money on wasteful litigation.  Prevail through mutual friends and thank him for returning the money in time.  One can not predict any thing even in between friends in business, many persons take small amounts, return them within due date, create confidence only to get higher amounts offering higher interest.  Thank your stars for getting your original amount and be cautious in investing hard-earned money and do not be lured by excess returns during the period of recession. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     05 October 2019

Yes, there is no cause of action to approach a Court of Law.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 October 2019

Lucky you got your money back.       

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register