Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bigamy?

Page no : 2

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 May 2016

Originally posted by : vaishali
I work in government job.if in case i marry without divorce which is remote idea, it will amount to adultery.should i do that because there is some loophole in the legal system and of course it is corrupt

Second marraige without divorce renders a govt servant liable for disciplinary action rather it is violation of basic condition of employment.

(Guest)

You already have divorce as granted by trial court. That is sufficient to move forward with life. Just ignore the appeal you filed. You can use order of divorce for passport etc and for remarriage. The appeal is a technical issue that becomes relevant only if your husband wants to trouble you. Don't fall for scare tactics by some members in this forum. The likelihood of your job or major factors in life getting affected because of matrimonial cases in court or who you love and how you live private life is extremely low. People instill fear just to keep this drama of marriage cases going on in country. Institution of marriage is meaningless in India in today's date. It is merely a piece of paper with some useless laws attached to it. The laws cannot be used to exercise any type of right or compel anyone to do anything. Any dispute will just languish in court for entire lifetime and any outcome of case has no bearing on actual life. So you can pretty much ignore marital status and matrimonial court cases and do whatever your heart wants. Stop believing lawyers, matrimonial cases are their bread and butter. The whole family law industry in India is bogus. Once this secret is out all these lawyers will have to run around and find actual livelihood.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 May 2016

@author's original questions:

My question is  if second marriage is valid ,what is my status? Am I still wife?

Ifthe second  marriage is valid then where is the questionof first marriage, it is dissolved which had been indicated by the court very well while dismissing your bigamy case.

What is the remedy to my problem?

Your problem has already been solved so  there is no problem, where is your problem?

Can I seek divorce and take exparty decision as he is not going to come?

Your marriage with him hasalready been disssolved, if so how do you think that you can get divorce again for a marriage which is not existing?

should I take in the first place if she is also wife?.

She is the only wife and your status is 'divorcee'

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register