Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Best way to transfer money on divorce decree (Tajobs/Shonee/Other experts)

Page no : 2

Gaurav (consultant)     19 June 2013

I understand your point sir but that seem to be tricky as they can file any false case anytime now :-/

anyways I will stick to my point

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     19 June 2013

Make FD in this name :  (if your case in Tis Hazari Court, Delhi), then say,  The Registrar, Tis Hazari Court, Delhi A/c. Mrs. Kumari  (Mrs. Kumari being your wife's name).  In case, she does not agree for second motion, the signature of Registrar is enough for you to withdraw FDR and keep it in your name.  The bank will charge some two percent penal interest and close the FDR.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Gaurav

I understand your point sir but that seem to be tricky as they can file any false case anytime now :-/

anyways I will stick to my point

Going by your first post in this query, you know your wife better.

So going by what you please calling her, am sure she will create more problems for you if you part with half payment of full n final settlement.

If she does not turn up on second motion, then automatically judge will dismiss MCD petition, and ask you to file a fresh petition [contested].  Now if you'd have already paid half money, you would have certainly lost it.  And there begins the endless journey of litigation.  If you fight it out too, still you will end up paying money.

Better pay her little money citing financial difficulties, give it in writing that the rest will be paid in the second motion.

Trust me, the FD thing suggested by many members here, is more of a circus, pay cash.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register