Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vasant Kumar (Lawyer)     16 August 2010

Begining of Criminal Trial

Hi all,

Since I am new in this area, I would be greatful to all who could teach me or help me out in the stages of criminal trial..;...like from filing a chargsheet by the police to the acquittal or conviction of the accused. Or else is there any book or any sections in the code from where I can read them.

Learning

10 Replies

Thirugnanam (business)     16 August 2010

my friend i am also a law student.please go with your friend(Advovate) to the high court.you can learn a lot.That is the way i am doing now.practical is more experience than books.I Will try to give you some to be useful as soon as possible.NO body knows nothing but please try to teach the learner to know something.

SANJAY GUPTA (Advocate)     17 August 2010

@ vasant criminal trial starts from the date of supply of copy of charge sheet to the accused person so that  he can face the trial of the instant case.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     18 August 2010

Criminal trial commence with the filing of the chrage sheet by the police followed by issue of documents as reflected in section 207 or 208 CrPc as the case may be, which will be followed by fixing date for framing of charge under  Chspter XVII or Chapter XIX of the CrPc.

Thirugnanam (business)     18 August 2010

I appreciat your advice to the budding lawyers.God bless you sir

Vasant Kumar (Lawyer)     23 August 2010

Thank you all for your kind help.......i hope i will learn these things since I have recently started practicing as a budding lawyer and what could i grasp is...........plz correct me if I am wrong: First is the F.I.R, then chargsheet is filed by the police and the State files a case then comes the framing of charges and when the accused pleads not guilty at this moment trial begins then comes the stages of evidence (documentary and oral) and then i think statement of accused is recorded then examination and cross-examination of the evidences and witnesses and matter put up for final arguments and lastly the judgment.

thiruppathi c (member)     24 August 2010

Thank you mr.i am thirugnanam friend.

FIRST FIR BY POLICE

SECOND CHARGE SHEET BY POLICE

THIRD EVIDENCE(DOCUMENTARY OR ORAL)(BOTH PARTIES)

FOURTH EXAMINATION BY PUBLIC PROSECUTOR

FIFTH CROSS EXAMINATION BY DEFENCE LAWYER

SIXTH NOT NECESSARY THE ACCUSED STATEMENT

SEVENTH ARGUMENT

YOU CAN ASK ANY QUESTION IF YOU ARE NOT KNOWN.WE WILL ASSIST YOU.

GOD BLESS YOU

THIRUPPATHI

ADVOCATE MADURAI HIGH COURT

EIGHT JUDGEMENT PRONOUNCED BY THE JUDGE

Vasant Kumar (Lawyer)     25 August 2010

Thank you Mr. Thiruppathi for your help and advice.

You will be glad to know that, I have started practicing in District Court in Delhi.....and what I hgave seen is the thing we studied in college and the real practise are really poles apart. That is why I am new to these things........hope will grasp things as time passes by.

Thank you once again

thiruppathi c (member)     25 August 2010

ok mr vasant may god bless you in all your proceedings in the court you are always welcome

Jeetendra singh (Advocate)     09 September 2010

You should read Indian penal code and Code of criminal procedure.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register