Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunil K (IT Executive)     01 July 2013

Assistance required with a case

Hello,

One of my friend is undergoing a divorce case. She had filed athe case for in Mumbai family court in Feb 2012, SPECIAL MARRIAGE ACT - under section 27d, however it is not yet finalised. Could you please help me in this regards with valuable suggestions.

She got married in Mumbai in the year 2010, (registered marriage) and then both (she and her husband moved abroad in US). He used to abuse her and had physical relations with prostitues. He also used to harass her for money. She used to get money from her mother and give all of the money to him. Even after that he used to abuse her and treat her very bad. So she came back to India in the year january2012, and filed a case against him. Now the scene is, THE SUMMONS CANT REACH HIM as he is not staying at the place where they used to stay together.

What can be done in this case, so that she can get divorce as soon as possible.

Regards,

Sunil K

Learning

9 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 July 2013

She is having burden of  proof lying on  her. Their  residence and her husband office working place and his contact numbers in US and the same covey to the court. Court will send summons or arrest warrant through police.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 July 2013

She is having burden of  proof lying on  her. Their  residence and her husband office working place and his contact numbers in US and the same covey to the court. Court will send summons or arrest warrant through police.

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     01 July 2013

Give a list of his properties in India to the court through your counsel to be attached by court. 

May I know, what will happen after dong that ?

Nothing is happening yet. Its been almost 1.5 yrs, court is sending summons, but they are coming back and nothing happens .!!!

What to do?

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Sunil K

Nothing is happening yet. Its been almost 1.5 yrs, court is sending summons, but they are coming back and nothing happens .!!!

What to do?

Just 1.5 years..LOL.

What's the hurry? Either of them wants to get married again is it?

What do they want to happen? ;-)

@stay put.  Court is the best teacher who can teach anyone patience!

Thank you for the guidance. I know for you it may be a laughter. Anyways thank you for ur advice.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     02 July 2013

Dear Sunil

You should contact a lawyer in your area

Sunil K (IT Executive)     02 July 2013

Thank you for the reply. We have consulted a lawyer, he is not guiding properly, hence this post. We need to know what are the steps we should follow to finish this asap.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register