LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

partha (Consultant)     26 August 2015

Area in agreement in square meters

Hello, I am signing and registering an agreement for a flat. The agreement area is in Square meters and it is totally different from actual value in square foot (the carpet area). Please provide me the formula by which they arrive at the area (square meters) mentioned in the agreement.

(when I asked the formula, they say dont know and trying to avoid)

The Saleable area is 560 Sq Ft (including the loading)

Area in Agreement says 28 Square meters

In actual the area is different (physically measured). (34 (approx) Sq mts). of sample ready flat.

Is there something wrong happening here?

What is the formula they might have used?

Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

swathy (nil)     27 August 2015

Formula for converting sq.ft to sa.mts is sq.ft*0.092903.

Ask for area calculation done for your flat.

if you still have doubt,  construction of your flat is not started then ask them to include a clause in the agreement stating that since the constrution of the flat is yet to be started the exact extent of the flat will be calculated at the time of completion of the building and the value of the flat will be fixed in propotion to that.

swathy (nil)     27 August 2015

Formula for converting sq.ft to sa.mts is sq.ft*0.092903.

Ask for area calculation done for your flat.

if you still have doubt,  construction of your flat is not started then ask them to include a clause in the agreement stating that since the constrution of the flat is yet to be started the exact extent of the flat will be calculated at the time of completion of the building which is subject to vary and the value of the flat will be fixed in propotion to the extent measured after completion of the flat.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register