Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Are marriage expenses recoverable?

Page no : 2

smita (not working)     23 August 2013

@helping hand: Its been oftenly noticed that u have been abusing the victims spclly women..how can u call ones father stupid..if u can help her /him in any way help .Or else keep quiet that would be good..Its really disgusting the way u reply..

Here while helping ..whats the need of criticising the victim's dad??

1 Like

pleasehelp (n/a)     23 August 2013

@helping hand 

Kid.  Understand one thing.  It takes lot of perseverance to maintain marriage.  Which you do not have, given that you have paid your husband X amount of money.

Dnt judge me if u hv nt walked in my shoes. I gave my best. u get married to a psychopath n then tell me hw ll u survive. who told u many times his wish of living alone even not with his own parents and siblings, has thrown own written divorce paper on ur face, wishes his child being born dead, has got a drinking smoking problem, comin home at 2/3 am and then abusing u over the top of it throwing u out of the room, holding ur face abusing and spitting, is getting msgs frm odr gals n wen u ask about d same, u wud end up being miserable, u r empty stomach n food is in front of u and u r nt able to eat because that psychopath has picked up a fight, he goes that mad in anger that his mother gives him sleeping pills to calm him dwn, gets out of the car in the middle of the road to fight with ppl who overtook. N have greedy manipulative inlaws as a cherry on d top of the cake.

.Even if you pay money, you will  have to perform duites of wife as they are expected all over india.  If not, just pack your bags and move out, which you decently did.

How can u say that i didnt do all the chores. I hv done all the duties and served my inlaws evn bfr they wud ask fr it.I hv evn washed d toilets. I happily  did that not for nybdy else but bcuz i wanted to b a gud daughter in law and thats my upbringing. Why are u bein u so prejudiced without knowin anything

Yes.  Decency is to be learnt from you.  Jab tumhari aur tumhare gharwalon ki ghamand utregi, tab decent kon he yeh sochna bewakoof ladki.

Please read thru wat hv u said. They are just saddening .This is sch a male chauvinist society who wud believe the worst in people. If i or my family had "ghamand" we would not hv bn in sch a miserable state. Yes destiny betrayed me and my family but that doesnt give right to u to mock at our misery.

Ok.  Sory for that.  Your dad was not stupid, wanted something good to happen to his dotter, but sadly the dotter blew away all her dad's dreams and money in particular which she is keen to get back.

Yes i want my dowry articles back. Because it is hard earned by my father. We are not claiming for streedhan/alimony or maintenance and you are being judgemental for even asking what is ours. 

I came in this forum to take guidance and i did gt sm frm genuine unbiased ppl and i thank them fr their help. 

pleasehelp (n/a)     23 August 2013

But Mr "helping hand" i wud request u to change ur attitude towards people without knowing the whole story. Its dissappointing to see a "legal advisor" degrading others for no gud reason.

fightingfalsecase (sw)     23 August 2013

HELPING HAND, Sirji sudhar jaaiye. You don't have any RIGHT IN COMMENTING ON PEOPLE, when they are looking for help. Please shut up, if you do not have theRRight words or the right intentions.

(Guest)

Dear querist,

As per your case study my sincere advice to you:

1. First attempt to talk with him regarding all concerns even for mutual divorce,don't let second chance to rethink of having talks on missed topics. Just inform him that you only need your streedhan and documents and you will not ask maintenance from him,but yes a genuine lump sum alimony he has to pay.

2. If your husband is not agree,then go for the legal remedies which is mentioned in HMA and IPC  according to facts and circumstances.

3. But don't blindly follow your lawyer as he is only for money,he will say no. of cases to file.But final nod you have to give.

4. If you are sure that dowry been given with proof and even you are not afraid of TEP, dp3 filed by your own husband on you and your family then proceed.

5. Try to collect all the bills and evidences related to your streedhan the more you have evidences and proof the more you can claim all your streedhan.

6. As per your query it is clear that you don't want to live with him then file for divorce after filing the harassment case to make your plead stronger.

7. Just be stronger on women laws in India,keep view on this LCI family forum as well as criminal forum.(but don't misuse it).

8. Never give wrong statements under oath by affidavit as it will backfire you.

9. Don't loose patience,have faith in life as worst is over when you left him,now think for your future and the things you wanted to do as ever.

10. Try to engage yourself in some sort of job,when you will earn you will feel better,if you don't believe, then try once.

11. Take this marriage as your eye opener and next time it's better to marry a poor guy with average look in a poor temple rather than investing on lavish marriage with a cowboy.

regards,

A sufferer..

1 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by : pleasehelp

@helping hand 

Dnt judge me if u hv nt walked in my shoes. I gave my best.

This is what happnd dear even with my sister, intiitally.  Still those ppl kept complaining about my sister.  No matter what she does seva of MIL FIL husband, never they are satisfied.  I can relate to that.

u get married to a psychopath n then tell me hw ll u survive. who told u many times his wish of living alone even not with his own parents and siblings, has thrown own written divorce paper on ur face, wishes his child being born dead, has got a drinking smoking problem, comin home at 2/3 am and then abusing u over the top of it throwing u out of the room, holding ur face abusing and spitting, is getting msgs frm odr gals n wen u ask about d same, u wud end up being miserable, u r empty stomach n food is in front of u and u r nt able to eat because that psychopath has picked up a fight, he goes that mad in anger that his mother gives him sleeping pills to calm him dwn, gets out of the car in the middle of the road to fight with ppl who overtook.

Even partly my BIL was like this, but once I told, even if I dont give complaint for illtreating my sister or even if my sister ie your wife does not give a complaint against you, someone else like onlookers will give complaint as to your erratic behavior.  And it happnd, and how changed a person he was instantly.  Ek baat yaad rakhna.  To tolerate, ok, one leve, one limit,. level cross, limit cross, then shud retaliate.  Then only they lern lesson.

N have greedy manipulative inlaws as a cherry on d top of the cake.

How can u say that i didnt do all the chores. I hv done all the duties and served my inlaws evn bfr they wud ask fr it.I hv evn washed d toilets.

Even my sister would do that. :( toilets clean :(

I happily  did that not for nybdy else but bcuz i wanted to b a gud daughter in law and thats my upbringing. Why are u bein u so prejudiced without knowin anything

Coz anywhere from first page u not tell anything about whole picture.  You tell 2 line you want marriage expenditure back.  Benefit of doubt sab ko deni chahiye.

Please read thru wat hv u said. They are just saddening .This is sch a male chauvinist society who wud believe the worst in people. If i or my family had "ghamand" we would not hv bn in sch a miserable state. Yes destiny betrayed me and my family but that doesnt give right to u to mock at our misery.

Now I understood.  Now dont you worry.  Will formulate plan and give how to go about this problem.

Yes i want my dowry articles back. Because it is hard earned by my father. We are not claiming for streedhan/alimony or maintenance and you are being judgemental for even asking what is ours. 

Dowry articles you get back for sure.  No two words about it.

1 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by : fightingfalsecase
HELPING HAND, Sirji sudhar jaaiye. You don't have any RIGHT IN COMMENTING ON PEOPLE, when they are looking for help.
Please shut up, if you do not have theRRight words or the right intentions.

Oh then who gave you right to tell me sudhar jaaiye, SHUT UP?  If you have right to tell me SHUT UP, the same right I exercise in telling people who come up with 2 line query.  My intentions are good one's, but your vision not proper bacchi.  You come up with full story as to how you got into this mess, then you will get detailed reply as to how to come out of this mess.  

Aur haan, main bacchon ke baat ka burra nahi maanta. :-)

1 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by : pleasehelp

But Mr "helping hand" i wud request u to change ur attitude towards people without knowing the whole story. Its dissappointing to see a "legal advisor" degrading others for no gud reason.

Correct.  You should tell what your husband and his side did to you, what you did, what was the role of your parents in all this.  If you fully explain as to why this situation arose, then you will get a fully explained answer as to how to come out of this mess.  Simply in 2 words if tell, I want money back spent on marriage, then simple answer is no.  But legally there are lots ways to get the money back spent on marriage function.

1 Like

(Guest)

toilets clean :(? This is far away.... now a days daughter in laws who cooks food at their matrimonial home for their husband & in laws assumes that they have been made a maid servant of their in laws & files cases of DV based on that.........so amusing:-)

Alwin (PM)     25 August 2013

Look for MCD. Involve mediators and try to settle the sthreedan and other issues. If nothing works, go ahead for contested divorce. You can recover sthreedan but make sure that your family earned it from sources which you can declare. Remember money can’t come from nowhere. Sthreedan money might have withdrawn from bank deposits. So submit statement in court. So is the case of car. Show bills of purchase of Jewellery. But beware about the source of income to justify all your income to buy it. Otherwise it became negative. Family laws are always helpful to woman and courts always shows that sympathy. Of course there are woman who make use of it but is a small fraction.  if you are genuine in your case, go ahead with it. You can recover  most of it. Recovery of marriage expense is possible only through mediation and a settlement between both parties and i don’t think you can claim it in court since it is an voluntary spending.   

Reformist !!! (Other)     25 August 2013

@Hats off to experts----- Even many men are preparing food for their bitter halves and what they are facing is false 498a, false DV because women want a pet dog who should bark and bite as per them only 

Avani Sejpal (advocate practitioner)     30 May 2014

@please helpme....I dont have words, for a minute I thought, My frnd has written my story over here...But its 96% similar. I stayed at my in-laws' place for 2 months...I am safe enough to take my documents along with me But my streedhan is with them & its been more than a year of separation, they are not ready to give. They demanded car, two wheeler after marriage, & when my father couldnt give, they started torturing me, I also used to do all the work Morning 6 to 7 clothes washing, then cooking & tiffin preparation, then sweeping & cleaning & toilet & bathroom cleaning too. still they wanted more money. I am qualified CS & LL.B. so lucky enough to know the Laws & procedure. But with that I had true feelings for my hubby. which is sad part in my story.He could be successful becoz of his upbringing, He couldnt support me. His mother neva allowed him to do. Anyways, no regrets. its always better to be away from loosers. Now he will have to pay money, which he is very reluctant to give as he counts for movie tickets & birthday cards money too. I have started further studies as LLM & planning for PH.D. 

I have sympathy for you but I will be proud of you if you will go for filing the case. I actually want that if it happens amicable then best but it should establish an example upon society. Nowadays, every second case i hear is such of inhuman. Society has gone to worst. If we can give our bit contribution, It will be beneficial. I wish to go back in past where women were expected to do only household work. Nowadays, they want salary of woman & want her to be all rounder, she should know cooking, Washing clothes, sweeping, & what not else?

Life for girl has become poorest. I just pray to god that stop giving births to girls on this worst earth or you take birth on this earth & survive. A husband doesnt want to spend but expects she shouldnt wear jeans, she should do household work full day.... God please save us...Now you are the only one....

People who belong to decent families dont like to go for filing case & all & they suffer alot.

But it doesnt mean if they file case, they are not decent enough.

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     31 May 2014

Madam in your covert enthusiasm you have intentinallybroken a thread which I believe was on ”Are marriage expenses recoverable” with an completely irrelevant issue,off the topic ... btw  the answer to the author lies in the rule of torts.

Reformist !!! (Other)     31 May 2014

Ablas are everywhere popping in and out for gaining the knowledge on extortion of money.

rahul (director)     31 May 2014

marriage exp are not recoverable. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register