LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Thrilok   08 December 2015

Appealing against wife's will made without husband's consent

Sir/s, I am 80 years old and my wife died in 2010 aged 72 at the time of death. She inherited a plot of land measuring 743 sq.yds. from her grandmother. She constructed a house in that plot with her salary and also my finances. After her death I came to know that she registered a will in favour of "Anandashramam" before her death under the influence of some friends without my consent or knowledge. As the house was constructed in inherited property, can I claim the property back ? If yes how ? I am the only legal heir to my wife as we do not have any kids. Kindly advise

Learning

3 Replies

Mukesh sharma (job )     08 December 2015

as you say your wife get this plot from her grand mother side so you can not clam on this plot and she bulid house on her owen salary your childeren get this but if she will this to anand ashram so you can not do any thing you can not clam this 

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     08 December 2015

Nothing more to add legally than those mentioned above.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 December 2015

You have no calim in your wife's own and absolute property.  She exercised her rights over the property be bequeathing the same to a trust of her choice with an intention to benefit the trust members. Her action is legally valid and appreciable  recognising it as a noble deed from her side.  Since you do not have children and also aged 80 years, you will be praised for supporting her deed and i f you resort to grumble or initiating any legal action, though you will not be able to succeed, but you may even tend to lose your money, energy and time in the litigation and also may earn a bad name in the society at this age of your life. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register