LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mgrao (partner)     16 August 2011

Ap chitfund act

I stood as a guarentor to a chit bidder who failed to pay his dues and i was taken to Civil Court to make good the payemnts due.I read both the Acts (central and AP state )and nowhere is there a mention of Guarentors except the prized bidder to provide security.The business is strictly between the Chit Foreman,the subscriber and the Registarr of Chits.Having people with no connection whatsoever with the Chit business as guarentors is an activity that should be barred.The Chit Comapnies either do busineess with confirdence in its subscribers or take security and not trouble the outsiders by incorparating the provisions of guarentee.

Learning

1 Replies

mgrao (partner)     16 August 2011

It is also my intention to take the matter to its logical conclusion.The Chit Fund Company,the default subscriber and the Regisrtr of Chits sit pretty while it is the Guarentors who are dragged to court.The Guarentor has absolutely zero indugence here while the ones who particiapte may or may not make money as part of business operations.The Acts do not allow for the apyment being guarenteed why should the Chit Compnies be allowed to seek it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register