LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NISHA NAIR (BUSINESS COORDINATOR)     28 May 2013

Ancestral property dispute

Myself a lady aged 33yrs old. I belong to Hindu Nair Community of Kerala. My father expired 24 yrs back in an accident. My grandfather and grandmother are still alive. They have done the partition of their property among the remaining 3 sons excluding my father.The property is ancestral property i.e my grandfather got it from his father.They have not given us even a single cents of land.

I would like to know whether I have the right to get a share of that ancestral property?

If so, where should I file the suit. What all documents would be required to file the suit.

If i fight for this said case will I win the case .

Whether i should file the case or my mother should file the case?

I being settled in Delhi, wud it be possible for me to fight this case sitting here in delhi without going to kerala.

Awaiting your reply.

Nisha Nair

Learning

2 Replies

Rajendra K Goyal (Advocate)     28 May 2013

You have got right in the ancestral property. Both you and your mother should jointly file a case. The case can be filed in the court under whose jurisdiction the property is situated. Your advocate at the place will look after your interest. Make available all the required and relevant information / documents to him. From Delhi you have to follow the progress continuously and can have to visit on some dates at the court.

Ashwani (lawyer)     28 May 2013

you can file the suit before the civil court .you needs the proof for ancestral  property like khatoni(revnue records) and others ,also needs the record for proving that your father was a son of that family it can be prove by voter identity card ,from copy family ragister etc .I am sure that you will get your share in property so rush avail legal remedy .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register