LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kiran (Private)     02 December 2010

Ancestral property

My grandfater has a property in a town and my father showed me the property but after their's death  I am left with no documents except  one document  which is called as Pariguthu Nama dated year 1971.   This is written in a Rs.3/-  (Rupees Three Only) Stamp paper and is not registered. 

The document describes the exact location.   I am put up in Bangalore and the property is in Tamilnadu so I had neglected to  update the property in my name and my brothers name.    We are four of us.  My father and his father has died leaving the property without any will. 

Now is it possible to get the property registered in our names.

Important question:  What if some other have registered the property in their names taking advantage of our long absense.  Maybe our cousins.

Learning

4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     02 December 2010

First you file an application to the concerned revenue department to enter your names to the property along with the succession certificate, before that to verify whether any others name is entered to the property byobtaining the prperty extract . To know  How your father got it in his name you have to obtain the entire property records form the revenue department i.e., extract from mutuation entry registar.

(Guest)

As per the 1971 document  file a encumbrance petition with concerned sub-registrar of revenue taluk. Check with details of patta in taluk office in tamilnadu

If encumbrances shown file a suit for partition and declaration in tamilnadu

SALA SATEESH (lawyer)     02 December 2010

Dear Kiran,

for tracing out the details of the property especially who are in possession/landowners pertaining to the property -  better to make an search application with the concerned revenue authorities and apply for certified copies of extracts then u would be in a position to go for mutuation or injunction for safeguarding the title of the property.

Accordingly take up a righteous decision.

Regards,

S.Sateesh

mail:sateesh_1974@rediff.com

SALA SATEESH (lawyer)     02 December 2010

Dear Kiran,

for tracing out the details of the property especially who are in possession/landowners pertaining to the property -  better to make an search application with the concerned revenue authorities and apply for certified copies of extracts then u would be in a position to go for mutuation or injunction for safeguarding the title of the property.

Accordingly take up a righteous decision.

Regards,

S.Sateesh

mail:sateesh_1974@rediff.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register