Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anuradha Kumari (Housewife)     10 January 2013

Ancestral agricultral property in bihar

Hello All,

I have a querry... It is like this:

My Grand Father in Law has some agricultural land in Bihar. Some years back he wished to divide his property among his 3 sons (One son had expired long back and so ine son's share his wife or my mother in law got) .... He divided the property among his 3 sons and self (4 parts done).... Registration done in the court. 

The village house and some agricultural land, my Grand Father in law kept for himself. Just, one and a half year back, he sold his property to his two Grandsons (from his other two sons).. My mother in law and/ or her sons were deprived .. and not even INFORMED.... Incidently I came to know all this in my sudden visit to the village some days back..

My question is that is he free to sell/ gift his share to two of his grand sons?? What can My Mother in law or his sons do for this CHEATING......? Is there any hope

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     10 January 2013

He can sell his share of the property to anybody as a proper partition has taken place and his legal heirs have got equal share in the ancestral property.

Anuradha Kumari (Housewife)     10 January 2013

Well Sir,

my doubt:

The selling was not done simultaneously..... Also, his share of the property can/ may have his all grand sons claim??? Will he not require a NOC from his other two (left out) grandsons..... 

(It may please be noted that he sold the property in his family only and all his gransons may have equal right in his share)

Is there any ray of hope?

(Guest)

@Querist,

His grandsons can claim his property only after his life.

In a unison with the advice given by Ld. Advocate.

Thanks,

Regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register