LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Indumathi V (Engineer)     24 February 2013

An impotence guy & his family cheated me in marriage

Hi, I am Indumathi, 28 years old. I got married on June 4th 2012 with Vinoth. He is 30 years old. My marriage is an arranged marriage. I am working in MNC and my husband is also working in MNC. Initially my husband and his family members have talked with me and to my family members very sweetly. Even myself and my family members felt very happy and blessed to have this alliance. They behaved with us in a good manner before marriage. My marriage date neared, at that time my in-laws demanded dowry. Initially they told the dowry is as per our wish but close to marriage date, they started demanding a lot. We told we don't have that much to provide. So we thought of stopping the marriage too. But again they started talking with us in a good manner and they accepted whatever the level we can provide as a dowry. I used to make a call to my husband before marriage and he will talk very shortly only but his family members used to talk to me a lot. I questioned his family members why he is not talking to me. They replied that, he is very reserved person. I need to change him like that his family members convinced me. I too believed that. Our marriage got over. On the night, my husband told, he doesn't like to hurt me by having the normal s*x and he told we will go for test tube baby and he asked me to sleep. He did not talk to me even in the next full day. He said he is very tired so asked me not to disturb him. 24 hrs he just slept in the room and not even came to hall also.  3rd day his family members came and they fought with my family members that, we did like that, this etc..... (ie. Why we gave the marriage dowry in front of all, etc.) later my husband said he got leave only for three days for marriage and went to Chennai for the job. They didn't even accept me to their house. Only through phone only i used to talk with my husband. In phone also, whatever his parents fought with my parents, that only he used to discuss with me and he used to talk about my parents very bad.  Myself and My family members really got hurt by him and his family members. We never imagine they will suddenly change like this. They created this kind of problems with us and they conveyed to the external world that, i am not a good girl and my family is not good. We really surprised why they are behaving like this. Even my husband stopped talking with me through phone. I asked him for doing marriage registration but he refused. We all are in doubt and we went to his house but they refused us and told they are not ready to discuss with us and they send us out. We called for local Panchayat in his native. In that discussion, my mother-in-law put three conditions 1) I should leave my present job, 2) I need to give all my jewels to her and 3) I should not go to Chennai to live with my husband. I need to live in her house in the village and I need to do housework under her. Before marriage itself, I conveyed that, I won't quit my job and they too accepted for the same. My father in law said that, he is looking for working girl only for his son but now they are changing the words. His family conveyed to the external world that, I am having an affair in my company and I am not willing to go to Chennai to live with my husband. They are really playing a game. I really surprised a lot. At that meeting, i showed to the external world that, I got job in Chennai and I am joining on a particular day. My mother in law shouted very badly that, how much salary i have given to her? My husband used to ask about my salary and he asked me to transfer the salary to his account. Already our money & things close to 10,0000 lakhs they are having as a dowry. They are also now talking about the money only. In that discussion, they asked us a letter saying that, they are not responsible if I die. They told after providing that letter only they will accept me in their family. We really shocked about this life threaten. They even refused again for the marriage registration. My father-in-law said that, he won't do marriage registration with me and he said that , he has already done marriage registration for his son. My father-in-law has mentioned that, since he liked me so he has arranged this marriage for his son. Really no one in his family is interested with our marriage. What ever they talked with us really surprised us. We really doubted that, he has any affair? or he is not fit? Or their only motive is money? In very worst situation, we approached "women cell" . Since they are having a very powerful political influence and money power, in the women's cell also they talked in favor to him and his family only. Totally injustice. I have given petition about the women's cell and about my husband and his family members to SSP office. SSP asked SP to see this case. But in SP office also something played which i don't know and i faced again the injustice. Again i complained to collector. Collector asked "Child and Womens development" protection office to do counseling and for getting back my money and things from them. 3 months again i spend but there also no justice. After knowing everything, protection officer is saying that, based on humanity she is not willing to hurt them. We suffered a lot but she is protecting them. i don't know what is playing! Even my husband and his family members are not coming for any counseling but the protection officer is replying us. i don't know how? My husband's family is having a strong political influence and money power. After this many struggle, we came to know that, my husband is not fit for marriage through his relative and to hide that only they are playing like this. They arranged this marriage for the external world. I even have fear to go out for office because this person can do any kind of bad things to me since they did life threaten also. 

After my marriage, more than 8 months I am struggling in my life. I am middle class family. For my marriage, my parents spend more than what we have and now they are having all those and they are not giving back. 

I am physically challenged person. With great struggle only my parents arranged for this marriage. Now my life is in  a very bad situation. I don't know when i will come out from this. 

I want to live a good life. Please help me how to come out of this issue? What steps I need to take further? Where i will get justice?

Regards,

Indumathi.

Learning

6 Replies

R.kumar.bangalore (executive)     24 February 2013

Dear indumathi,

it is very sad to hear the details from you. please do not lose hope ,always keep in your mind any problem is happening it is good for only, please approach a goodlawyer ,he will guide you solve this issue in court with justice. i am sure ,you will get justice for that you need to patient with hope it is very important. you will get .

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     24 February 2013

@ Querist,

Stay calm, think options,

1) Immediately file annulement pettion on the ground that marriage was not consumated owing to his condition of your husband ( Please be sure that it is actually the case, else it screws badly back), this way the marriage can be annuled as it is well within a  period of one year. 

2) Move on with your life with broad minded person.

Indumathi V (Engineer)     24 February 2013

Thank you...... :). 

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     24 February 2013

You may file a 498a against your husband and his family....If the marriage is not consummated due to impotency, you may get your marriage annuled..

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     25 February 2013

big big 'no' to 498a as chetan suggested. Only court cases loop in and out and nothing comes out. filing divorce is wisest option

shahidkhan   25 February 2015

Only some stupid wud suggest to file 498a..y nt a simple annulment or divorce..y to make situations more complicated..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register