LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ProGaming with Vicky   04 May 2023

Amount lien marked then bank account freeze

Hi, I do p2p trading in crypto. suddenly i found that my amount in bank was lien marked and after few days account also got debit freeze!(cyber crime issue)

Things i have done:

1 Contacted my branch they said they don't have any rights do act they are only medium, they gave me complaint details because of which my bank acc freeze. A fraud happened after 3-4 accounts money came to my account from selling crypto but i am not involved in this fraud, so i contacted police station where complaint is registered they said "we cant do anything(as expected uneducated police from Rajasthan).

2. i went nearest cyber crime branch they also said they cant do anything( as help they called to Rajasthan where complaint is registered they told them same cant help!

3. Now i mailed to BOB Head office about my situation if issue not solved ill send a notice to bank, if stil issue not solve ill do case against bank! 

i dont know what i should do

Learning

6 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 May 2023

You have the following options:

1.  Issue a legal notice to the bank to un freeze your bank account or pay the compensation for your mental agony that ause due to this illegal act. 

2. Approach Banking ombudsman for relief (you may nnot get proper support fgrom them)

3. Then you can approach consumer forum aainst the bank's non response or non compliance of the demands made, citing 'deficiency in service' as reason.

4. If you do not want to approach consumer forum, you can file a writ petition before high court against the bank seeking relief and remedy.

1 Like

ProGaming with Vicky   04 May 2023

someone with similar issue already filed a petition and it was rejected by saying"case is under investigation". but thing is police never going to do investigation as they have no fixed timeline given to solved this case! i am fully ready with all documents that i have nothing to do with this fraud! 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 May 2023

Well analysed, opined and advised by expert Mr. T Kalaiselvan, I concur.

Munish Goyal   29 October 2023

please collect information first from the bank manager  regrading the complaint number and concerned cyber police station and disputed transaction and its amount then you can contact. i will surely help you.  

Regards

Munish Goyal & Associate Lawyers
Munish Goyal Advocate
Cyber Crime Cases Expert

Sahil Patil   27 February 2024

I was also stucked in this same problem but police officer who is handling my case is not responding properly. He is just asking me to pay the counterparty the amount you have recieved, but as I am 19 years old i don't have any support from my family and friend that's why i am stressed what should i do.The officer told me if i will not pay the counterparty back then he will register 420 case on me. I am worried about my self very much as this will ruin my career.I have all proofs which are proof that i have not commited any fraud.

Please help me the appropriate guidance.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 February 2024

If you are really concerned about your future career and very serious to solve this problem, you manage to pay the amount and get rid of this problem forever.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register