LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Navi   16 November 2015

Alcoholic husband

Hi i am married for a year and half. Mine was a love marriage where the love is gone. After my marriage i found out my husband is an alcohol addictive. First three months were hell den came the apology mode nd i dont wnat to loose you. My in laws are very supportive, but cannot do much as the son doesnt even care for what they say. Now i am 8 months pregnnt. Throughout my pregnancy i tried to give him reasons to cut down or avoid on some days. But i have failed. He will everyday look for a reason. I dont want to give a future of a drunk father to my child. He says d ababy is very imp to him but i don't believe as none of his actions show. He has a lways been irresponsible which bothers me Aswell. Since marriage we dont have a healthy s*x life and this pregnancy is just unplanned. I tried talkng to him but he screams and fights even on this. First he said coz of stress he couldnt focus and now as i am pregnant. I feel torturous and unhappy in this marriage. I wan to file a divorce, please suggest how tp go bout it. When i tell him bout separation he says do whatever or runs from the situation. I wnT to end it once and for all as i dont see him quitting on alcohol. Please suggest.

Learning

3 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     16 November 2015

How long were U in love before getting married? Were U not aware he was addicted to alchohol during that period? 

No,UR case is not fit for seperation legally as there could be a change in him if he is given counselling,mediation and treatment in de addiction centre.Just try once.Sympathy towards UR life, but keeping in view about UR pregnancy,U don't act in a hasty manner which can completely ruin both the lives.keep aside the feeling of divorce for the time being and kindly do as suggested.

Prasad (Systems Engineer)     16 November 2015

My heartfelt appreciation to you Mr.Sainath Sir. You have given the most sensible guidance to Navi. Hi Navi... Mr.Sainath's guidance is the best option for all 3 of you. Save your husband. Save your marriage. Save your childs' dignity and future. If you think of court and divorce, you will make hell of life for all 3 of you. It is your responsibility to save the love of your husband whom you loved and married. Nobody else in the world can be a father to your child. Nobody.

Navi   16 November 2015

Thank you so much for such kind and honest advices. Mr. Sainath sir, we were in love for 5 years i knew he drinks but wasnt aware that it happens everyday and that even if hes told not to do it one day, he gets aggressive. I have tried everything, with him every morning he says yes and agrees to everything in the night its the same story .i have tried being his girlfriend again, going out for dinners and having the nice time like old days. But deep inside it bothers me and i am worried aswell. I want it to work it aswell but i dont want to give such a future to my child. Thank you i will try and look for another way. But for him to go for counselling or medication he needs to agree first that he is addicted which he dosnt. Typical.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register